Legal Help For Victims Of Construction Accidents

If you have suffered a serious injury in a construction accident, you have rights that need to be protected. Your health and financial well-being may depend on the steps you take in the weeks and months and months ahead.

At O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, in Manhattan, our attorneys offer a
free initial consultation to discuss your legal options after an accident. We will take the time to explain your rights and answer your questions without cost or obligation.

Do I Need An Attorney?

If your injury is relatively minor and you expect to fully recover in a week or two, you probably will not need a lawyer’s help to obtain the benefits you need from workers’ compensation. However, the more serious your injury, the more you may need legal help.

If you will miss work for several weeks or longer, and need extensive medical care, your employer may start to view you as an expense that needs to be controlled. The workers’ compensation carrier may release you for work before you are ready. This is a time when you need legal advice. If you turn down a work assignment that is offered to you, your employer can fire you.

Your interests and those of your employer or workers’ compensation insurance carrier are not the same. Only an attorney will look out for your interests. The following are examples of services an attorney can provide for you:

  • Help you avoid mistakes that can lead to termination of your workers’ compensation benefits
  • Protect you if your employer retaliates against you for filing a claim
  • Help you resolve disputes with your doctor or the insurance carrier
  • Ensure you are receiving the full wage loss benefits you are entitled to
  • Help you negotiate a fair lump-sum payment for permanent impairment
  • Evaluate your case to determine if you can obtain additional compensation by filing a
    personal injury lawsuit

Call 212-571-7100 To Speak To A Lawyer

Our lawyers help injured construction workers throughout the New York City area. To schedule a free initial consultation, call