At O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, in Manhattan, our lawyers represent construction workers and their families for losses suffered in crane, derrick and hoist accidents. We also represent property owners on building damage claims. We offer a
free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Our personal injury attorneys have a track record of exceptional results for construction workers throughout the New York City area, including:
- $7,000,000 for an ironworker who sustained serious back injuries requiring multiple surgeries when an improperly hoisted load fell on him.
- $4,500,000 for an ironworker who suffered back, hip, knee and internal injuries when the lift upon which he was working was struck by the boom of a crane.
- $3,700,000 for the death of a laborer who fell from a defective hoist.
- $675,000 for a carpenter who sustained an ankle injury as a result of an improper hoisting operation.
Holding Negligent Operators Accountable For Accidents
The most common accidents involving cranes and lifting devices include:
- Electrocution by coming into contact with power lines
- Workers who are crushed by parts of the equipment
- Injuries from
falling objects from unsecured loads
- Falls from elevated structures
Many accidents can be avoided by simple safety steps, including:
- Pre-erection inspection
- Assessment of ground conditions
- Assessment of wind conditions
- Safety procedures for working near power lines
- Use of synthetic slings
- Use of qualified operators
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) spells out rules for safe operation of cranes, derricks and hoists. Prompt investigations of accidents often uncover violations of OSHA safety rules.
For Legal Representation Following A Crane, Hoist Or Derrick Accident
The sooner you call us, the sooner our attorneys can collect and preserve the evidence we will need to secure maximum compensation for your loss. Call
212-571-7100 for a free consultation.