Can I Sue My Employer?
Employers typically steer injured employees to workers’ compensation benefits. However, workers’ compensation benefits will not go far in meeting your financial needs after a serious workplace accident. If someone else was responsible for the accident, you may have the right to seek additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Many accidents involving forklifts are caused by negligence. The following are examples:
- Forklifts driven by an operator who is under the age of 18
- Forklifts driven by an untrained operator
- Accidentally driving a lift off a loading dock without proper edge markings
- Being struck by a lift truck
- Being struck by materials dropped from a lift truck
- Falls from elevated pallets or lifts
- Injuries caused by defective forklifts
Our attorneys will carefully investigate the accident and determine if your injury was caused by defective equipment or unsafe work practices. If so, we will hold the responsible parties accountable for everything have lost. Our law firm has obtained millions of dollars in compensation for injured workers in New York City.
For More Information About Your Legal Rights
To talk to a lawyer about your legal options after a forklift accident, call
212-571-7100 for a free consultation and case evaluation.