What Injured Workers Need To Know
The attorneys at O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, in Manhattan offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and explain your rights to compensation and our civil justice system.
- Paying medical bills: Your employer or your workers’ compensation insurance carrier will pay your medical bills as long as you use an approved provider. For emergency care, go to the nearest emergency room.
- Replacing lost wages: Workers’ compensation will pay up to two-thirds of your gross wages.
- Your right to sue: If someone else is responsible for your injury, you may have the right to seek additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Rights of undocumented workers: Undocumented workers have the same rights under our civil justice system as U.S. workers.
- Frequently asked questions about construction accidents: This page provides answers to frequently asked questions about on-the-job injuries.
To protect your rights after an accident in the workplace, it’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Otherwise, the evidence we need to prove your case may be lost. You may also make mistakes that will be difficult to correct later.
For More Information About What Injured Workers Need To Know
Call 212-571-7100 to arrange a time to talk with one of our lawyers about your accident case. We offer home and hospital visits if you are too injured to travel.