As an NYC undocumented construction worker in New York City, you may live in fear. You may stay in the shadows out of concern of being discovered and possibly being deported, leaving your family without its breadwinner.
Construction work is difficult but can be made dangerous when workers, especially undocumented workers, are often pressured to work in unsafe conditions without proper safety equipment. Undocumented workers can be too intimidated to report work sites and work conditions and practices that are dangerous.
If you are injured on the job, you do have rights. You do not have to be a citizen to collect compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other damages.
You can trust the experienced construction injury attorneys at O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, to inform you of your rights, get you top dollar for your injuries and loss of earnings, and protect your rights 212-571-7100.
“We want to re-emphasize to the Latino community and all undocumented workers that they have the same rights once they’re on the job as any New York citizen.”— Senior partner Brian O’Dwyer, as told to The New York Times
More Than Words. We Have Proof.
While past results are no guarantee of future success, we have a successful track record of helping undocumented injured workers get compensation.
For example, we were able to obtain a settlement of:
- $4 million settlement for a 25-year-old laborer who fell from the edge of a high-rise that was under construction.
- $2.75 million settlement for a 22-year-old laborer who suffered head trauma as the result of a four-story fall on a construction site.
Rights Of Undocumented Laborers In Construction Accidents
Many workers on New York construction sites do not have green cards. However, just because you are undocumented does not mean you do not have rights. The law firm of O’Dwyer & Bernstien represents undocumented workers who are injured on the job in the New York City area. Our attorneys also represent family members of undocumented workers who die in accidents.
You may be entitled to medical and wage replacement benefits from New York workers’ compensation benefits for work-related injury. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may have the right to obtain additional compensation through the U.S. civil justice system.
Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including:
- $6,265,000 for the family for an undocumented laborer who died after falling from a scaffold.
- $4,000,000 for an undocumented worker who suffered head injuries and permanent disability after falling from the unguarded edge of a high-rise.
- $2,750,000 for an undocumented worker who suffered head trauma after falling four stories through an unguarded opening on a construction site.
- $2,500,000 for an undocumented plumber’s helper who suffered burns when the pipe broke.
- $1,200,000 for an undocumented worker who was struck by a motor vehicle.
- $980,000 for an undocumented worker who fell from a sidewalk bridge.
- $900,000 for an undocumented laborer who suffered a shoulder fracture and dental injuries when he was struck by a front loader.
“A serious injury can affect your ability to work and earn a living. You will need medical care to get better. You will also need financial compensation. Unfortunately, many employers tell their employees they are not eligible for compensation due to their nationality or immigration status. This is not true.” – Brian O’Dwyer – Construction Accident Lawyer NYC
Know Your Rights: Call Now For A Free Consultation
If you have been injured, our undocumented construction accident lawyers will fight for you and your family. Call 212-571-7100 today to schedule a free and confidential consultation.