- Construction Accident (Bronx)
- Construction Accident (Brooklyn)
- Construction Accident (Queens)
- Construction Accident (Staten Island)
- Construction Site Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Dangerous Construction Equipment
- Demolition and Excavation Accidents
- Falls from Heights
- Forklift Accidents
- Ladder Accidents
- Machinery Accidents
- Safety Equipment Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Struck by Falling Object
- Undocumented Workers
Falls from Heights
Falls from Heights Accident Lawyer
Falls are one of the most common types of accidents that occur at construction sites. They also tend to result in the most serious construction injuries in New York.
Construction Site Falls: Compensating The Victims
If you are injured in a fall at a construction site or building renovation project, or your family member died in a fall, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, workers’ compensation benefits are limited and will not compensate you for everything you have lost. You may have the right to obtain additional compensation if someone else was responsible for the accident.
In many cases, falls are preventable accidents that an employer, property owner, contractor or other party failed to prevent. Section 240 of New York’s Labor Law gives you the right to seek full compensation for everything you have lost if the fall was caused by someone else’s negligence.
The personal injury lawyers at O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, in Manhattan have a long history of representing construction workers and their families in fall accidents. The following are examples of just some of the results we have obtained for our clients.
- $5,600,000 settlement for a 26-year-old carpenter who injured his back requiring a spinal fusion when he fell from a loading dock.
- $5,000,000 for a union laborer who injured his neck, back, and knee when he became entangled in a ladder when his foot hit an obstruction as he was descending.
- $3,073,100 for a carpenter who suffered cervical herniated disks requiring surgical fusion when the scaffold upon which he was working toppled over.
- $2,750,000 to a worker who fell four stories through an unguarded opening on a construction site and suffered head trauma.
- $2,700,000 for an undocumented laborer who fractured his shoulder, hip, and pelvis when a scaffold collapsed.
- $2,100,000 for an ironworker who sustained head injuries and multiple fractures when he fell from a catwalk.
- $980,000 for a carpenter who fractured his heel when he fell from a sidewalk bridge.
- $2,400,000 for a tunnel worker who sustained serious back and elbow injuries when he fell down a water shaft.
- $1,650,000 for a laborer who fell through a platform and injured his back, ankle, and spleen.
- $850,000 for a 34-year-old carpenter who suffered a herniated lumbar disk and post-traumatic stress when he fell 12 feet into an open shaft.
Call Our Attorneys Today For Immediate Help With Your Fall Accident
To obtain the compensation you will need after a serious fall accident, contact our law office, and our lawyers will take immediate steps to protect your rights and hold the negligent parties accountable.
If you were injured in a fall because of an elevation-related accident, our law firm will pursue the justice you deserve. Or if you've lost a loved one who died in a job-related fall, we're here with you every step of the way. Contact us now to start the healing process today.