- Construction Accident (Bronx)
- Construction Accident (Brooklyn)
- Construction Accident (Queens)
- Construction Accident (Staten Island)
- Construction Site Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Dangerous Construction Equipment
- Demolition and Excavation Accidents
- Falls from Heights
- Forklift Accidents
- Ladder Accidents
- Machinery Accidents
- Safety Equipment Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Struck by Falling Object
- Undocumented Workers
Dangerous Construction Equipment
NYC Dangerous Construction Equipment Lawyer
As a construction worker, you use dangerous equipment on the job every day. You count on that equipment to contain proper safeguards and be in safe working condition. If anything goes wrong, you can suffer an injury that changes your life forever.
At O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, in Manhattan, our attorneys represent construction workers who have been injured in accidents involving unsafe construction equipment. We have obtained
millions of dollars in compensation for clients throughout the New York City area.
The following are examples of dangerous construction equipment:
- Cranes: While accidents involving cranes and hoists are rare, they tend to cause serious injury and extensive property damage when they occur.
- Forklifts: Forklifts and lift trucks are used to move and lift materials in many different work settings. Two of the most common accidents are injuries from collisions and from slipped loads.
- Conveyors: Conveyors cause devastating injuries such as amputation when workers become entangled with machinery.
- Saws: Saw injuries, such as amputations and severe cuts, are often the result of missing or defective guards.
- Power nailers: Power nailers can result in serious puncture wounds to the operator and other workers.
No matter what type of construction equipment caused your injury, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and explain your legal options.
Who Is Responsible For Accidents Involving Construction Equipment?
In many accidents involving construction equipment, the employer, the manufacturer of the equipment or someone else may be at fault. Here are some examples:
- Missing safety guards
- Missing or inadequate warnings
- Defects in the design or manufacture of the equipment
- Breakdowns caused by improper maintenance
- Lack of training
- Failure to provide workers with safety equipment
Our lawyers will carefully evaluate your accident to determine who was at fault. Then we will seek maximum compensation from the responsible parties.
For More Information About Your Options After An Accident
For an in-depth discussion of your construction equipment injury case, contact our experienced New York construction accident attorneys today.
When NY construction equipment accidents happen, injured employees need to understand their rights and how our law firm can help you recover compensation. After 100 years of fighting for New Yorkers, you can feel confident we have what it takes to represent you or a loved one.