- Construction Accident (Bronx)
- Construction Accident (Brooklyn)
- Construction Accident (Queens)
- Construction Accident (Staten Island)
- Construction Site Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Dangerous Construction Equipment
- Demolition and Excavation Accidents
- Falls from Heights
- Forklift Accidents
- Ladder Accidents
- Machinery Accidents
- Safety Equipment Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Struck by Falling Object
- Undocumented Workers
O'Dwyer & Bernstien have litigated numerous forklift accident cases involving severe injuries against negligent employers in and around New York City.
Forklift accidents can cause serious injuries. Forklifts and lift trucks are used in warehouses, retail stores, manufacturing floors, construction sites, and other work settings to move objects and materials. As useful as these machines are, they can cause serious injuries when used unsafely. If you have been injured in a forklift accident, you may have the right to sue the responsible party. For a free initial consultation about your legal options, call the law firm of O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, in Manhattan. Our lawyers represent workers and their families throughout the New York City area.
Can I Sue My Employer?
Employers typically steer injured employees to workers’ compensation benefits. However, workers’ compensation benefits will not go far in meeting your financial needs after a serious workplace accident. If someone else was responsible for the accident, you may have the right to seek additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Many accidents involving forklifts are caused by negligence. The following are examples:
- Forklifts driven by an operator who is under the age of 18
- Forklifts driven by an untrained operator
- Accidentally driving a lift off a loading dock without proper edge markings
- Being struck by a lift truck
- Being struck by materials dropped from a lift truck
- Falls from elevated pallets or lifts
- Injuries caused by defective forklifts
Our New York Accident Attorneys Can Help
Our attorneys will carefully investigate the accident and determine if your injury was caused by defective equipment or unsafe work practices. If so, we will hold the responsible parties accountable for everything that has been lost. Our law firm has obtained millions of dollars in compensation for injured workers in New York City.
If you were injured in a forklift accident, you might be eligible to file a claim seeking damages. We’ve been fighting for New York area residents holding negligent parties accountable for over 100 years. We can help you.