Were You Struck By A Falling Object At A Construction Site?
free initial consultation to discuss the accident in which you were injured.
Holding Careless Parties Accountable
In most cases injures from falling objects can be prevented by simple safety measures such as:
- Installing safety nets to catch falling objects
- Installing covered walkways under areas where people are working
- Installing fences or barriers to keep people away from danger zones
- Requiring workers to wear hard hats
In other cases, injuries from falling objects may be the result of defective building materials or unsafe construction methods. Our lawyers will conduct an immediate investigation of the accident and hold all negligent parties accountable.
Obtaining Results For Injured Workers
By filing what is known as a Section 240 claim, our lawyers can provide injured workers with compensation above and beyond what workers’ compensation will pay for injuries suffered on the job. The following are just a few examples of the results our lawyers have obtained for clients:
- $7,000,000 for an ironworker who suffered back injuries requiring multiple surgeries when an improperly hoisted load fell on him.
- $1,300,000 for a carpenter who injured his back and neck when construction material fell on him.
- $600,000 for a carpenter who injured his shoulder when he was struck by a falling board at a work site.
- $600,000 for a roofer who suffered a fractured hip when he was struck by falling materials
To Discuss Your Construction Injury Case With A Lawyer
For an in-depth discussion of your legal options following an injury caused by a falling object at a construction or building renovation site, call
212-571-7100 for a free consultation. Our lawyers also represent
construction workers who are injured in falls.