O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP, represents buyers and sellers in all areas of real estate transactions relating to the purchase and sale of houses, cooperative apartments and condominium units in the five boroughs, as well as Long Island and Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess and Putnam counties. We specialize in the following areas:
- Purchase and sales of cooperative and condominium apartments, houses, and commercial properties
- Home equity loans and secured lines of credit
- Title insurance questions
- Consolidation, Extension and Modification Agreements (CEMAs)
- Mortgage review
- Coordination of appraisal, inspection and environmental due diligence services
- Disclosure requirements, restrictive covenants and land ordinances
Some of the services that we provide our clients are:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase agreements, real estate contracts and leases
- Monitoring of contingency and other contract dates;
- Negotiations with other attorneys;
- Reviewing inspection and title reports;
- Drafting all closing documents;
- Conducting and attending the closing with our client(s).
The firm also has extensive experience representing lenders in all facets of real estate transactions, including mortgage and cooperative closings, cooperative loan payoffs, mortgage consolidations and assignments. Our attorneys are knowledgeable in all areas of regulatory compliance associated with lending on both the state and federal level. We carefully review documents before and after closings to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws.